NEVER BEEN SHOOTING? Would you like to try it?
An offer for Louisville Metro area residents.

If you have never been shooting, are 21 years old or older and not otherwise barred by state or federal law from purchasing or possessing a firearm, I'd like to invite you to the range. I will provide firearms, ammunition, range fees, eye and hearing protection and basic instruction.

(Benefactor Member of the NRA, member of KC3, former NRA firearms instructor, former Ky CCDW instructor)

Email me if you are interested in taking me up on this offer. Five (5) people already have.

February 4, 2008

How do I find a concealed carry instructor in Kentucky?

Several people have hit my site with searches similar to the title of this post, and I don't believe I've ever posted anything specific to it. So, how do you find a concealed carry instructor in Kentucky?

The first thing I'd recommend is going to the KC3 (Kentucky Coalition to Carry Concealed) page for instructors who are members of KC3, and patronize those instructors who help stand for your carry rights.

If there isn't an instructor for your area in that list, you should check with the Sheriff of your county. Each Sheriff has a list of active instructors for your county.

If an instructor offers to cut you a "deal" so you don't have to attend class or otherwise circumvent the concealed carry licensing certification procedure, run away screaming. Instructors who are found out are prosecuted, and anyone they have "taught" will lose their license to carry concealed. Do it right the first time and you won't have to worry about it.

Remember, all your license does is allow you to carry concealed deadly weapons. It does not mean you are proficient in the use of arms. Further instruction is not required by the state,  but proficiency requires further instruction and much practice. Some CCDW instructors offer additional classes in several different aspects of safety and self-defense with firearms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am an instructor for the Kentucky Concealed Carry Deadly Weapons Permit classes. Anyone wishing to get their permit or take the class may contact me at KYccdwinstructor@yahoo.com or call me at (502) 773-1029.
Thanks.

head