NEVER BEEN SHOOTING? Would you like to try it?
An offer for Louisville Metro area residents.

If you have never been shooting, are 21 years old or older and not otherwise barred by state or federal law from purchasing or possessing a firearm, I'd like to invite you to the range. I will provide firearms, ammunition, range fees, eye and hearing protection and basic instruction.

(Benefactor Member of the NRA, member of KC3, former NRA firearms instructor, former Ky CCDW instructor)

Email me if you are interested in taking me up on this offer. Five (5) people already have.

January 15, 2008

Gun rights and property rights - an apparent contradiction?

Some thoughts on the subject from The Liberty Papers, specifically referencing the pending legislation in Georgia.

My false initial premise was that the right to bear arms was otherwise being infringed by the government but in fact this is not the case. In fact, this proposed legislation would be a violation of private property rights. McQ at QandO blog made a couple of very good points on this issue:

My rights end where yours begins? I've always thought so. There is always a recourse to the courts for liability in most any situation. I am not at all sure this type of law will help us.

1 comment:

Johnathan Gay said...

Great Blue:

I posted last night on a disturbing trend: gun ownership and appreciate for gun rights is slipping in America according to a new poll.

If true, this is worrisome. It did get me thinking... you have a neat offer on the table re gun training for newbies. I wondered if we might put our heads together and come up with an event in Kentucky (probably L'ville... most centralized) that would promote gun ownership and shooting as sport. We could do a blogosphere event and try to get bloggers and readers to come out.

Maybe a crazy idea, so I thought I'd bounce off you.

Here's the post I mentioned:

http://cyberhillbilly.blogspot.com/2008/01/gun-ownership-slipping-support-for-2nd.html

head