NEVER BEEN SHOOTING? Would you like to try it?
An offer for Louisville Metro area residents.

If you have never been shooting, are 21 years old or older and not otherwise barred by state or federal law from purchasing or possessing a firearm, I'd like to invite you to the range. I will provide firearms, ammunition, range fees, eye and hearing protection and basic instruction.

(Benefactor Member of the NRA, member of KC3, former NRA firearms instructor, former Ky CCDW instructor)

Email me if you are interested in taking me up on this offer. Five (5) people already have.

October 5, 2007

Second Amendment Foundation Gun Rights Policy Conference 2007

Well, it's been touch and go for the last few days, but I made it to the GRPC today. Tonight was registration and a reception for networking, and thought I had some volunteer obligations that kept me from the reception proper, I have met a number of interesting people.

I was particularly impressed with one young lady who was constantly pulling out a notebook and writing down web site URLs, book titles, blogs, authors to follow, etc. I am also impressed with the high turnout of the "gentler" sex. And make no mistake, they are passionate and informed about their Second Amendment rights.

I understand over 300 have registered so far, with more expected tomorrow. Dr. Ron Paul, candidate for the Republican nomination for President is scheduled to speak tomorrow night. I expect the crowd to swell for that session.

Most of those attending are not from Kentucky, and I have fielded quite a few questions regarding carrying concealed in our fair Commonwealth. Most are surprised to hear that Kentucky recognizes EVERY valid carry permit from EVERY state that issues them, even if those states do not recognize a KY permit. If you're interested in the very liberal carry laws in KY, you can get more information on the Kentucky Coalition to Carry Concealed (KC3) web site, www.kc3.com, or www.kc3.org. If restrictive gun laws in your jurisdiction have you looking for a new state of residence, Kentucky is one of the best places to consider. But I'll admit I'm prejudiced.

I'm going to blog between sessions, but it may be difficult with my volunteer obligations.

No comments:

head