NEVER BEEN SHOOTING? Would you like to try it?
An offer for Louisville Metro area residents.

If you have never been shooting, are 21 years old or older and not otherwise barred by state or federal law from purchasing or possessing a firearm, I'd like to invite you to the range. I will provide firearms, ammunition, range fees, eye and hearing protection and basic instruction.

(Benefactor Member of the NRA, member of KC3, former NRA firearms instructor, former Ky CCDW instructor)

Email me if you are interested in taking me up on this offer. Five (5) people already have.

August 20, 2007

Fletcher, Beshear respond to AP question on guns

from Kentucky.com...
By The Associated Press

QUESTION:

AP: What is your stand on gun ownership? Would you oppose/support initiatives to limit gun ownership?

ANSWERS:

Gov. Ernie Fletcher:

I support the protection of the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding citizens. I have a strong history in Congress supporting the Second Amendment and have worked as governor to maintain these rights for Kentuckians. Unlike my opponent, I do not believe that cities have the right to infringe on this essential element of the US Constitution, and I believe the Kentucky Constitution means what it says, that the "right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State" is an "inherent and inalienable right."

Steve Beshear:

I believe in the right to keep and bear arms.

QUESTION:

AP: Do you and/or your running mate own guns? What kind?

ANSWERS:

Gov. Ernie Fletcher:

Robbie (Rudolph) and both I own hunting rifles and shotguns.

Steve Beshear:

I own a 12-gauge shotgun and my running mate, Daniel Mongiardo, owns several weapons, including rifles, pistols, and 12-gauge shot guns.

I appreciate Governor Fletcher taking the time to give a complete answer to the first question. Is it telling that Steve Beshear doesn't answer the question at all? I don't know any more about Mr. Beshear's position than before. Even the Brady Bunch believe in their version of the Second Amendment. And we often see that when a politician owns firearms, it doesn't necessarily mean they think you and I should own firearms.

No comments:

head