NEVER BEEN SHOOTING? Would you like to try it?
An offer for Louisville Metro area residents.

If you have never been shooting, are 21 years old or older and not otherwise barred by state or federal law from purchasing or possessing a firearm, I'd like to invite you to the range. I will provide firearms, ammunition, range fees, eye and hearing protection and basic instruction.

(Benefactor Member of the NRA, member of KC3, former NRA firearms instructor, former Ky CCDW instructor)

Email me if you are interested in taking me up on this offer. Five (5) people already have.

January 20, 2009

The Day the Earth Stood Still - Eh.

No, I'm not talking about the President Obama's inauguration. I'm talking about the movie.

A few weeks ago, a co-worker and I went to see the remake with Keanu Reeves. It was on the IMAX screen, and had a few interesting effects. However, changing the theme to a tale of pending environmental apocalypse and revenge against the human race obviated the need for Klaatu to come to Earth to begin with. Why land, if all you're going to do is destroy mankind anyway?

The "advanced galactic civilization" just blows off over six billion sophonts because we weren't nice to the polar bears, snail darters, and several types of bacteria in our digestive tracts. It's difficult to believe that those with such an obvious technological superiority couldn't take us under their wing, teach us what we needed to know to clean up the Earth, and then all live happily ever after. Of course, to the "rat is a pig is a dog is a boy crowd" I'm sure it was just peachy the way it was.

So after much consideration, I give it two stars in the Neflix rating system. (1=hated it, 2=didn't like it, 3=liked it, 4= liked it very much, 5=loved it) I won't watch it again. I can't recommend it.

I'm ready for Hollywood to give apocalyptic environmentalism a break, unless they want to do something like Crichton's Next or State of Fear.

No comments:

head