NEVER BEEN SHOOTING? Would you like to try it?
An offer for Louisville Metro area residents.

If you have never been shooting, are 21 years old or older and not otherwise barred by state or federal law from purchasing or possessing a firearm, I'd like to invite you to the range. I will provide firearms, ammunition, range fees, eye and hearing protection and basic instruction.

(Benefactor Member of the NRA, member of KC3, former NRA firearms instructor, former Ky CCDW instructor)

Email me if you are interested in taking me up on this offer. Five (5) people already have.

April 28, 2008

Panem et circenses

I got a haircut late Friday afternoon, and, as barbers are wont to do, my barber was talking about current events. He had much to say about the tax “rebate” that was supposed to start showing up in people’s bank accounts starting today.

His biggest question was, “Where are they going to get all that money?”

My answer was, “Us.” I said, “They’re just giving us back some of what they shouldn’t have taken from us in the first place.”

“No,” he said. “They must just be printing more. Why don’t they take it and just help people who can't pay their mortgage?”

I couldn’t get him to understand that the government doesn’t have any money which it has not confiscated, borrowed, or stolen from us, and I already had a mortgage payment. There were a few other people in the barber shop, and best I could tell, none of them agreed with me.

Panem et circenses.

No comments:

head