NEVER BEEN SHOOTING? Would you like to try it?
An offer for Louisville Metro area residents.

If you have never been shooting, are 21 years old or older and not otherwise barred by state or federal law from purchasing or possessing a firearm, I'd like to invite you to the range. I will provide firearms, ammunition, range fees, eye and hearing protection and basic instruction.

(Benefactor Member of the NRA, member of KC3, former NRA firearms instructor, former Ky CCDW instructor)

Email me if you are interested in taking me up on this offer. Five (5) people already have.

March 3, 2008

Humor and eggs

from James R. Carroll at the Courier-Journal comes this...

The Kentucky Farm Bureau's annual congressional breakfast last week produced a couple of good lines.

Rep. Geoff Davis, R-4th District, appearing after Rep. Hal Rogers, R-5th District, said he was dismayed to be following a head of state. Davis said southeastern Kentucky, which Rogers represents, is known as "Hal Rogerstan."

And Rep. John Yarmuth, D-3rd District, got one of the bigger laughs with this:

"I recently said to my wife, 'In your wildest dreams, could you have ever imagined I would be representing my hometown in the House of Representatives?' And she said, 'John, I'm sorry, you're not in my wildest dreams.' "

Now that's just funny. Being a former resident of "Hal Rogerstan" I agree with Mr. Davis' remark. I must admit feeling some kinship with Mrs. Yarmuth, too.

No comments:

head