NEVER BEEN SHOOTING? Would you like to try it?
An offer for Louisville Metro area residents.

If you have never been shooting, are 21 years old or older and not otherwise barred by state or federal law from purchasing or possessing a firearm, I'd like to invite you to the range. I will provide firearms, ammunition, range fees, eye and hearing protection and basic instruction.

(Benefactor Member of the NRA, member of KC3, former NRA firearms instructor, former Ky CCDW instructor)

Email me if you are interested in taking me up on this offer. Five (5) people already have.

January 22, 2008

3 Self-Defense Moves Everyone Needs to Know

I always thought it was draw, aim, and squeeze, but apparently I missed this day of class. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand that sometimes one may be forced to depend on hand-to-hand in a confrontation, but isn't it galling that usually it is someone on the firearms side of the question brings that up the synergy? Like PeteG over on the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association forum with "Unarmed Self-Defense As Adjunct To Pistolcraft" I've never seen a dojo present "Personal Firearms: When hands aren't enough", have you?

Of course, as is often said on gun blogs, if it gets to the point of drawing a firearm or physical contact, we have most likely failed to implement the first and most important aspect of self-defense, observation and awareness of our environment.

No comments:

head