NEVER BEEN SHOOTING? Would you like to try it?
An offer for Louisville Metro area residents.

If you have never been shooting, are 21 years old or older and not otherwise barred by state or federal law from purchasing or possessing a firearm, I'd like to invite you to the range. I will provide firearms, ammunition, range fees, eye and hearing protection and basic instruction.

(Benefactor Member of the NRA, member of KC3, former NRA firearms instructor, former Ky CCDW instructor)

Email me if you are interested in taking me up on this offer. Five (5) people already have.

November 8, 2007

Hobbes cuts to the chase...

In a previous post I mentioned the newest addition to our household, a young, formerly Tom, cat we've named Hobbes. I also mentioned that he hadn't figured out the daily "wake us up" part that Rascal pretty much has down pat.

Well, we knew it was only a matter of time. But Hobbes has decided to eschew the normal cat practices of sitting on our heads, slapping us with his paws, or gnawing on exposed extremities. No, Hobbes has cut to the chase.

About midnight last night, the alarm system siren went off. Though my wife had already turned in, I was still awake. I knew I had locked the doors, and I hadn't heard any glass breaking, so I went downstairs to see what was going on. The doors were locked, and the windows and sliding door were still intact, so I was quite puzzled.

I was leaning against a counter in the kitchen trying to figure out what was going on when Hobbes walked around the corner. I don't think he likes the siren. His back was still arched, his fur standing straight up on his back. His tail looked like a three-inch wide bottle brush. He rubbed around my legs for a couple of minutes and seemed to calm down.

I gave him a bite of food to help him cope with the ordeal, and started back upstairs. Rearming the alarm, I stood at the foot of the stairs for a moment watching Hobbes play in his little nylon cube. It's about 16 inches on a side and has holes on four sides. As I watched, he went across the room, took a running go at the cube, and after diving into it, sent it tumbling across the living room floor.

At that point the alarm went off again.

Apparently, though the motion detector is set so that cats can't set it off, a cat in a 16 inch nylon cube rolling across the living room is somewhat over the threshold.

Something tells me the little red cube may find a new home in the garage at bedtime tonight.

No comments:

head