NEVER BEEN SHOOTING? Would you like to try it?
An offer for Louisville Metro area residents.

If you have never been shooting, are 21 years old or older and not otherwise barred by state or federal law from purchasing or possessing a firearm, I'd like to invite you to the range. I will provide firearms, ammunition, range fees, eye and hearing protection and basic instruction.

(Benefactor Member of the NRA, member of KC3, former NRA firearms instructor, former Ky CCDW instructor)

Email me if you are interested in taking me up on this offer. Five (5) people already have.

July 12, 2007

Why carry a gun? Because a whole cop is too heavy!


The courts have held, and I quote, "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." (fine article by Peter Kasler)

My security system went off from an open door last winter at about 3 a.m. The monitoring company immediately called to dispatch the police and then called me. I live less than three miles from a major police station. It took a patrol car fourteen minutes to get to my house after I spoke to the monitoring company operator, and they called the police before they called me.

Luckily, it was a false alarm, but a lot could have happened in 14 minutes. If there had been one or more criminals in my home and they had been intent on harming my family, the police couldn't have done anything about it because the police weren't there.

I was there, and I have a duty to protect my family. The police do not. The police come to pick up the pieces, draw a chalk outline around the body on the floor, and try to catch the criminals who committed the crime.

If the police "protect" everyone so well, why do anti-gun Liberal celebrities who want other's guns taken away have paid bodyguards who carry firearms?

No comments:

head