NEVER BEEN SHOOTING? Would you like to try it?
An offer for Louisville Metro area residents.

If you have never been shooting, are 21 years old or older and not otherwise barred by state or federal law from purchasing or possessing a firearm, I'd like to invite you to the range. I will provide firearms, ammunition, range fees, eye and hearing protection and basic instruction.

(Benefactor Member of the NRA, member of KC3, former NRA firearms instructor, former Ky CCDW instructor)

Email me if you are interested in taking me up on this offer. Five (5) people already have.

October 7, 2004

"Bring it on!"

Glad to hear the President and Vice-President taking it to them in PA and on the debate last evening. A couple of my liberal friends are all over Cheney's "lie" about just meeting Edwards. Of course they completely ignore the rest. Hey folks, being in the same room with someone, even sitting beside them, even several times, isn't what Cheney was referring to. I think he was really pointing out Edwards' essential uselessness as a Senator. With his nearly non-existent attendance on the Senate floor and committee meetings, it makes me wonder if the Dems were hiding him...

I wish my liberal friends could see the irony of hating Bush so much they would vote for two candidates that would have had a terrible time holding onto their seats in the Senate.

I overheard a conversation at an outdoor table at a restaurant today. The couple, liberals themselves, were discussing their liberal friends. The discussion didn't hinge on the war in Iraq, terrorism, or domestic issues. The sole criteria for just how liberal they were was the degree of hatred they held for Bush and Cheney.

Now, I have to admit, there would be little political love lost between me and most Democrats holding office, but it is based on their political position and policy, not personal animosity. I have a number of friends with whom I strongly disagree on almost anything political, but they are still my friends.

2 comments:

Rainey said...

"A couple of my liberal friends are all over Cheney's "lie" about just meeting Edwards. Of course they completely ignore the rest."

I hope they won't ignore the rest because the much bigger lies are the ones that more than 1,000 young Americans have died over. They've killed thousands of Iraquis, many of them children and civilians. They've plunged that part of the world into chaos and created a huge recruitment base of people who are now motivated enough or desperate enough to become suicide bombers.

Meanwhile, they left the job half done in Afghanistan and have left North Korea and Iran to become enemies equipped with nuclear weapons. And, in Africa, newly radicalized Islamists are raising insurgencies in other oil-producing countries. If you don't care about your "Christian" brethern lying and killing and causing the deaths of innocent young Americans, you might care that oil that was $30 a barrel when Bush took office is now $50 a barrel -- remember that when you have to fill your car or heat your home this winter. And pray, I'm serious PRAY, that those Islamists in Sengal and Rwanda don't cut off our oil at the point that they're really ready to bring the fight here to America and we need oil for homeland defense because the Bush Administration hasn't left us with a potent ally in the Western world.

You think catching Cheney in this silly little lie is what matters? That's a distraction. They've been swimming is such a sea of mendacity that it's hard to recognize and react to anymore.

GreatBlueWhale said...

Rainey,
Thanks for your comment. Kind of surprised someone read my blog on the first day. And took the time to post a substantial comment!
I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree.
We are apparently processing facts thru different worldviews. I guess time will tell which of us is more on track.
I do have a question for you, if you check back in.
In your opinion, taking Iraq out of the equation, what should have been done about Korea and Iran? Please don't say sanctions. Both have continuing U.N.sanctions in place, and as we can see, both Korea and Iran ignore them.
Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

head